Now that you have mastered the art of inputting your records for analysis we must now learn how to interpret our reports. Let us start by learning how to analyse our yield reports.
1.) Click on “Reports” at the top of the page and then click “farming.”
2.) Click “Yield” on the left menu bar.
3.) On the yield, reports page click the drop-down to choose the similarity of the report to view. This means you can anonymously compare your performance with farmers in your Country, Region or Continent.
4.) Select the range you would like to view a report for. (eg. a specific year, year to date, 6 months),
5.) Select the metric of the yield. (eg. weight or unit).
6.) Click on the seed you would like to see a yield report for.
- Seed form – determines whether the product is a seed, seedling or cutting.
- The ranking shows how your yield performance ranked against other farmers in your area.
- The performance shows if you yielded more or less than the other farmers in your area.
7.) Scroll down until you see the “average comparison” graph. This represents the yield per ha/ac of the different seeds used on a farm in a season.
8.) The next comparison only works effectively if there is more than one farmer in your area who has used the same seeds as you. There are three bars represented (eg. John Doe Business, Average and Top Performer).
- Instead of John Doe Business, you will see the name of your farm
- The average will show the overall average performance with this seed, for all farmers.
- Top Performer, of course, will have the highest yield with this seed. If you see that the Top Performer and your farm have the same number, then congratulations you are the best.